Friday, May 26, 2006

In Tolkien Boy's Absence...



Since Fob's self-appointed secretary wasn't present to take minutes at last night's Fob, and since we are still waiting for Edgy's chapter, I will present you, faithful reader, with a recap:
  • Marchioness arrived early so that she could order pizza from Papa John's, which is not Papa Murphy's, and so that she and I could discuss things that I will not blog about, lest I be Dooced.
  • Melyngoch arrived next, five minutes early though she thought she was twenty-five minutes late. She proceeded to the inner sanctum of the Fobcave, where she used the Fobcomputer to print something, and possibly to take over the world. She left her jump drive on the Fobdesk, but I can't figure out how to open it, or I'd discover her secret world domination plans.
  • The pizza man arrived next, while Edgy chatted on his cell phone outside. He overcharged us. The pizza man, that is, not Edgy, who clued me in on the latest from his espionage mission to discover the true fate of Don Quimby. And by "us" I mean Marchioness, who paid for the pizza.
  • Having been informed that editorgirl would arrive late, we started. The ancient and dark ritual of Rock, Paper, and Scissors determined that Melyngoch would be fobbed first. She presented a story about a character of dubious gender who wants to make out with a hobby named Aster. We proceeded to fob it. We spoke briefly of The Fob Who Loves Karen Carpenter.
  • Editorgirl arrived, bearing (or baring) lime Coke (not coke), cream puffs, and chocolate satin pie, minus the vinegar. Sadly, she bore no poetry.
  • Marchioness read the first three pages of a story about a girl whose best friend, a male medical student who loves Karen Carpenter, touches her thigh.
  • Master Fob read the latest chapter in his saga about the friends of Dorothy. Edgy compared Fobby to Dan Brown and Lynne Gardner, but in a good way (supposedly).
  • Foxy J joined us in the outer sanctum to discuss Harry Potter, childrearing, and underwear. After the Official Fobs left, we, the Blood and Marriage Fobs, watched the last half-hour of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, graciously provided by Edgy after the library copy magically lost its last half-hour.
Now, don't you feel as if you were there? Tune in next week, same fobtime, same fobchannel.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Yes. Yes I do. And it was a dreamy meeting, yes...just dreamy. You have more food nowadays. I mean, geez. Pizza? Cream puffs? My how this has all evolved in such a short time. I remember the days of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm. Those were good. And cool vegetarian stuff care of Foxy J. Good times. Good times...

Thanks for "taking care of me" Edgy!

And for taking care of my mom TB!

5/26/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Now I'm going to shut down my computer and "take care of" my husband.

(I felt a little 12 saying that, like I was so bold to be naughty, but hey! I waited a looooonnnnng time to get to be naughty for real, so back off, man!)

5/26/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I'm so glad someone remembered to do this. I was feeling like I was the only one with no life who felt compelled to record the minutia of my friendly fobmeetings.

I'm glad, though, that someone admits to talking about people who like Karen Carpenter behind their backs. That's the sort of honesty that exists between friends.

:D

5/26/2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger John said...

Out of interest- who's who in the picture?

5/27/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

I have the big head.

5/28/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I'm the one with all the muscles.

There's no doubt which one is Master Fob.

*makes bat noises

5/28/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Katria said...

Papa John's is located two hops, a skip, and a jump away from my stairwell. Just thought you'd like to know.

5/28/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

All the easier to stalk you now, my dear.

5/29/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

You know, all these comments make a heckuva lot more sense reading them in the right order and connected with the right blogs. Just thought you'd want to know.

Oh, and they're funnier, too.

And I like Skinny Dead Karen, too. I have the greatest hits CD. Who can't identify with the mournful lyrics of "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down"?

Although, now that I think about it, rainy days don't get me down at all.

Really, this is much too long for a comment, don't you agree?

5/29/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Katria said...

th.

Too bad I'm moving in 3 months.

5/30/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Th. said...

.

Curses!

5/30/2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home