In Tolkien Boy's Absence...
Since Fob's self-appointed secretary wasn't present to take minutes at last night's Fob, and since we are still waiting for Edgy's chapter, I will present you, faithful reader, with a recap:
- Marchioness arrived early so that she could order pizza from Papa John's, which is not Papa Murphy's, and so that she and I could discuss things that I will not blog about, lest I be Dooced.
- Melyngoch arrived next, five minutes early though she thought she was twenty-five minutes late. She proceeded to the inner sanctum of the Fobcave, where she used the Fobcomputer to print something, and possibly to take over the world. She left her jump drive on the Fobdesk, but I can't figure out how to open it, or I'd discover her secret world domination plans.
- The pizza man arrived next, while Edgy chatted on his cell phone outside. He overcharged us. The pizza man, that is, not Edgy, who clued me in on the latest from his espionage mission to discover the true fate of Don Quimby. And by "us" I mean Marchioness, who paid for the pizza.
- Having been informed that editorgirl would arrive late, we started. The ancient and dark ritual of Rock, Paper, and Scissors determined that Melyngoch would be fobbed first. She presented a story about a character of dubious gender who wants to make out with a hobby named Aster. We proceeded to fob it. We spoke briefly of The Fob Who Loves Karen Carpenter.
- Editorgirl arrived, bearing (or baring) lime Coke (not coke), cream puffs, and chocolate satin pie, minus the vinegar. Sadly, she bore no poetry.
- Marchioness read the first three pages of a story about a girl whose best friend, a male medical student who loves Karen Carpenter, touches her thigh.
- Master Fob read the latest chapter in his saga about the friends of Dorothy. Edgy compared Fobby to Dan Brown and Lynne Gardner, but in a good way (supposedly).
- Foxy J joined us in the outer sanctum to discuss Harry Potter, childrearing, and underwear. After the Official Fobs left, we, the Blood and Marriage Fobs, watched the last half-hour of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, graciously provided by Edgy after the library copy magically lost its last half-hour.