Sunday, July 30, 2006

Wanted: Artist

Tolkien Boy is concerned that Fob's lack of artists will prevent us from becoming the Bloomsbury of the 21st century. Apparently, the dinosaurs TB draws on our manuscripts saying "He's gay?!?!" don't count. Nor does Lady Steed, who is a graphic artist (with a BFA, I might add) and no less a Fob than the fobbiest of us. Nor Dec, who is, as his name implies, a decorator of weddings and other fine events. Nor I, whose job title for two years was Artist.

I think Fob represents a good selection of the humanities as is: besides all the writers and poets (I distinguish between the two), we have editors, librarians, teachers, journalists, linguists, and (most importantly) a gym manager! Heck, the fact that Queen Zippergut lives in England has to count for something.

However, I can humor Tolkien Boy. So if you are a capital-A Artist and would like to join Fob, please submit your resume, portfolio, and a 3000-word essay on why you belong in Fob to fobfiles(at)gmail.com. Please also submit the results of a Kinsey scale test taken in the last five years, as homosexuality is not required but preferable, as heaven knows we already have too many straight Fobs to truly compete with Bloomsbury.

Position open until filled.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I'm actually fine as long as I can be Lytton Strachey.

7/30/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Thirdmango said...

Well, I was wanting to be a FOB as I was in the search for a writing group. However, you're now about a month and a half too late as I am now a part of the Magical Science Club, a group of writers of which all but one are not english majors. It's quite a lovely place.

7/30/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

When I think about FOBs I don't think about gay or straight. I just enjoy the fact that we all have one thing in common . . . we are all attracted to men.

8/01/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

I was about to post another comment until I noticed my word verification was vxpupfag. As always, word verification says it all, even if I don't understand it.

8/01/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Wiglaf said...

I think I could fill this rĂ´le.

8/02/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Wiglaf said...

This is my first visit to FOBLOG, in fact, and here I find a job opening.

8/02/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Katria said...

FOB openings? Really? Except, I don't do essays unless it's for fear of failing class. But, hey, I'd still take it. Heaven knows I need to get out more.

8/05/2006 4:43 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

"I think Fob represents a good selection of the humanities as is..."

What????!!!! No musicians????? I can never come here again.

8/07/2006 5:21 AM  
Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Are you offering? And are you, by chance, a straight black man? (This is not my condition, by the way, but Melyngoch's.)

There actually is a good chance of us adding a violinist if we open up a Fob Seattle branch.

8/07/2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

I play piano, baritone, and trombone and did concert band, jazz band, marching band, and orchestra. Does that count as a musician?

8/07/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It just so happens that I AM a straight black man.

And I guess if you believed my comment that I can never come here again, then the one above would be no less truthful.

I'm being an oboist this year. I've already been a violinist, and AO likes being that more than I do.

Speaking of word verification...mine is dcmgxzoo, which sounds like a rather fun place to take the kids, yes?

8/07/2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home