Sunday, May 28, 2006

Who's Who in the Justice League of Fob

Left to Right:

The Atom = Jeph
Like the Atom, who is so small that sometimes you forget he's there, Jeph's time as a Fob was so short that sometimes we forget he's there. But we still love him.

Hawkman = Editorgirl
If you aren't sure why editorgirl is the superhero with wings growing out of his shoulder blades, you need to read more of her poetry.

Aquaman = Marchioness
Like the King of the Seven Seas, the Marchioness of Steventon is noble, strong, and likes to change her look frequently to spice things up. See here, here, and here.

Flash = Edgy Killer Bunny
Not because he's flashy, but because he runs.

Wonder Woman = Queen Zippergut
Amazon Princess meets British Monarch. And I've heard about QZ's star-spangled panties.

Superman = Theric
I know, I know, Aquaman's orange shirt was a natural fit for the Thmazingest Fob of all, but Theric was a reporter. And have you ever seen him without his glasses on?

Batman = Master Fob
Just because.

Martian Manhunter = Petra
Like the Justice League of America's mascot, the JLF's mascot is super-intelligent and just might come from another planet.

Green Lantern = Tolkien Boy
He's green, he has a magical ring that does whatever he wants it to, and his costume accentuates his buffness.

Green Arrow = Fob #5 (as yet without a blogonym)
If you are not a comic-book geek, you may not know that Green Arrow is the loud-mouthed liberal of the JLA. I wouldn't call #5 loud-mouthed, but he does have a strong voice at Fob meetings and he was introduced to me as Gay Boyfriend Chick's Straight Happily-Married Liberal Friend. And he's probably the Fob most likely to grow a goatee. (Not counting Edgy's soul patch or Theric's attempts, no more successful than Master Fob's attempts at facial hair.)

Black Canary = Melyngoch
Fishnet stockings. Any questions?

4 Comments:

Blogger Th. said...

.

Gee whiz. I always thought I was Plastic Man, but I'll happily accept my true calling as Superhero #1.

5/29/2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I rather like the Lantern's outfit. I'm thinking of wearing it to the next fobmeeting.

And who told you about my ring?

5/29/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

What's really scary is...when I saw the picture I said to myself, Oh, I'm Wonder Woman for sure! and then you actually said it. Now I'm going to have to start wearing that pyramid-shaped aluminum foil hat to keep you from reading my thoughts ever again.

5/29/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Poor Jeph. We hardly knew ye.

And that's okay. He had too many kids for a guy so young. Kinda creeped me out.

5/29/2006 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home